There is a first time for everything

So for me, this year was the first time for entering the Scrapbooking Memories Masters Competition. Huge Congratulations to the ladies who are this years Masters. Obviously I wasn't on the Master's list but hey I am pretty stoked about picking up a Honourable Mention (HM) for my single layout 'Gorgeous Girl' - Thanks so much SM!.

Here are my other creations that I submitted

Double Layout - I focussed on an event that had such a huge personal impact. It's hard to go through something like this and not come out of it unaffected in some way. Everyone has a story from Black Saturday and this is mine

07-02-09

Photobucket

I guess that this double is quite simplistic but I really wanted to concentrate on the photo's and the story behind them. Some may find it even depressing and perhaps uninspiring but I just couldn't 'pretty' it up - events of that day just made it seem wrong. I also chose sombre colours once again to reflect the mood .
I created a mini album using the third photo for the front. Untie the ribbon to unfold the album to reveal other photos during and the aftermath.

Photobucket


The fold out album also includes 'hidden journalling' - I have included a letter describing the events of that day, as well as my feelings of utter helplessness and despair. This is heartfelt and so very raw so you can appreciate how I didn't want this on full open display. I think it is important to document and found it theraputic in some ways to record it - I hope in time that the tears will fade when I re read it.

Photobucket


Practical Off The Page that can be used in everyday life

Charm Watch & Altered Box

Photobucket


Beads, dangles and charms seem to becoming more and more popular in the scrapbooking world. I had a few bits and pieces left over from my beaded jewellery days, so I created a charm watch as I figured that a watch is practical and can be used everyday. I also included a picture charm of my 2 girls so that they will always be close to me

I then also altered a little box for the charm watch to sit in on my dressing table.


Photobucket

Photobucket

You have read this article with the title There is a first time for everything. You can bookmark this page URL http://skinnyminny22.blogspot.com/2010/12/there-is-first-time-for-everything.html. Thanks!