A is for Amazing!!!

Letter "A"
Designer: Leslie Ashe

Supplies:
Glue Arts Glue Glider Pro with Fabric Bond adhesive and my Glue Arts Glue Gun 
Shimmerz Coloringz, Vibez & Shimmeringz
Vintage buttons from my stash as well as fabric from my stash


Directions:
First...
For my "A" I simply hot glued all types of buttons on to the front:

then I made flowers from muslin & 2 patterns of fabric:
by first, cutting strips (about 6 inches long, give or take an inch) but not perfectly..they will be folded together to make a tighter, more detailed flower:
next I took the strips I made (see above) and knotted one end, then hot gluing it down in the middle of cardstock circles I'd cut out previously:
then twisted and turned until they became a round flower:
Tip: for my muslin flowers, I sprayed Shimmerz Coloringz, Vibez & Shimmeringz to get the color I was going for (red & turquoise...)

finally... I hot glued them on my "A" in different spots. I used 4 flowers to represent the 4 of us in our family...

I love it! It's sitting in my entry now...I want everyone to see it when they come to my front door.

This was a FUN challenge. I'm continuing to look for things all over my house to repurpose, reuse and recycle!




Thanks Leslie!!! That turned out fantastic! So are you thinking about trying your hand at our challenge? Have something lying around your house that would be perfect to repurpose and reuse? Then we'd love for you to join in and share your project with us!

We also have a great group of guest judges that include:

Marisa Pawelko...Craft Designers and Founder of Modern Surrealist LLC. Marisa has unique style and is well known in the industry for her thrifty "upcycling" of ordinary items and turning them into something truly extraordinary!!  Please visit Marisa at  http://www.modernsurrealist.com/.

Our next judge is none other then the queen of Mod Podge...Amy Anderson! Amy is well known as the Social Media Manager for Plaid. Plaid is well known to many for their Mod Podge Products. Amy is the gal behind the fun Mod Podge Rocks blog where she highlights projects using what else...Mod Podge!!

And last but certainly not least, Jenny Barnett Rohrs! Otherwise known as the talent behind Craft Test Dummies! Jenny is a  crafter just like you how tries out all those products on the market. She tests, tries them out, creates a projects and then shares a review about items or products. We highly recommend you check out Craft Test Dummies!!

And celebrity judges are not all we have under our sleeve! We've got amazing prizes to offer as well! Including a GlueArts prize package valued over $50, a Provo Craft Cuttlebug and dies, $50 Plaid Prize Pack, Wescott Products and more!! How can you resist this??

Please click here for all the details...entries must be in my March 18th. Please email Gluegirl@gluearts.com with your submission or if you have any questions!!  


You have read this article Fabric Bond / Glue Arts Glue Gun / Glue Gilder Pro / Leslie with the title A is for Amazing!!!. You can bookmark this page URL http://skinnyminny22.blogspot.com/2011/03/a-is-for-amazing.html. Thanks!