Color Combos Galore Challenge 183

Howdy!!

Today my layout share has been inspired by the Color Combos Galore Challenge #183.

This is the inspiration board

Photobucket

And this is my interpretation of Challenge 183

'Love'

Once in awhile, right in the middle of a ordinary life, LOVE gives us a fairytale. The adorable sentiment that I have included is one of the new Kaisercraft rubons - this one is 'childhood'.

Photobucket

And a closer look

Photobucket

The first thing I have to say that these are colours that I generally do not scrap with. But with saying this, I absolutely love how this turned out in the end.
The palette screamed Graphic 45 and I have combined a bit of Steampunk Debunte 'Fantasy Floral' with Le' Romantique 'Loves Labyrith'. I have also used Fancy Pants Road Show for my base and a touch of Echo Park which covers the 'winged white' colour element of the palette.

The overlapping, elongated vertical layers of the dress in the photo inspired me to include layers of elements and the design of my page runs vertically from top to bottom to simulate the fall of the dress.

Photobucket

Most of my layouts will feature some element of chipboard. Here I have included an A2Z chippie title which worked perfectly to satisfy the other 'butterfly' element of the challenge. The circle element is a 'Retro Circle Frame' and is available from Scrapping Outback. This element also represents the butterfly 'eyes' which are seen on their wings.

Photobucket

I love butterflies and find that they are quite magical in the way they flight so gracefully. This magical quality was the essence for my title. It always amazes me the wonder and joy that our little girl finds in even the simplest things in life. Oh the joys of being a child and finding everything unique and wonderous.

Photobucket

Thanks ever so much for dropping by and for your lovely comments - they really do mean so much to me.

You have read this article A2Z Scraplets / Color Combos Galore Challenge / Graphic 45 / Scrap FX with the title Color Combos Galore Challenge 183. You can bookmark this page URL http://skinnyminny22.blogspot.com/2011/03/color-combos-galore-challenge-183.html. Thanks!