Valentine Love With GlueArts!

Love is in the air!

Valentine's Day is less then a week away and we're celebrating love with Valentine projects for you all week long.

We asked the GlueArts Designers to use our GlueArts U Cut It Foam as  part of their supplies and each day we're more and more astounded by their creativity!! Aren't you??



LOVE Card 
GlueArts Designer: Patti Milazzo


Supplies: 
Glue Arts- Glue Glider Pro 
1/4 Perma Tac PRO+ Cartridge Refill - Pro
U-Cut-It Adhesive FoamSpooled Ribbon Adhesive

Other: Bella Blvd pattern paper and alpha chipboard; Fiskars Squeeze Punches and Border Punch; glitter

Instructions:
1. To create the string covered circle accent, I started by cutting a circle from U-Cut-It Adhesive Foam. The circle on this card is 2 ½”. I marked the center of the circle with a pushpin. Then I removed the backing of one side. I tied a knot at the end of the string, trim the excess and pressed the knot into the center of the circle. From there, I wound the thread around the knot gradually working my way outward. Once the entire surface of the circle was covered, I cut the end of the string and tucked it under.





Tip: Be sure to take your time and press down the thread as you go. 

2. To cover up the edges of the foam, I applied a length of Spooled Ribbon Adhesive around the circle edge. Press firmly before removing the Ribbon Adhesive backing. Then I pressed the circle’s edge into glitter.





3. I removed the remaining backing from the foam circle and pressed it onto a larger scalloped circle cut from red pattern paper. I used the Glue Glider Pro with Perma Tac Pro+ Adhesive to adhere the circle accent to the top portion of my 5” x 6” card. I also adhered a punched scallop border strip and floral strip of pattern paper just below the circle accent. Next, I punched out 2 hearts from red and pink pattern paper and applied small leftover pieces of U-Cut-It Adhesive Foam to the back of each punch.




Tip: I store all my left over scrap pieces of U-Cut-It Adhesive in an empty Glue Glider cartridge container. They’re perfect for small punches or unusual shapes that I want to give dimension to.

4. I finished the card with chipboard alpha letters at the bottom. 







Friendship Treats
GlueArts Designer: Ania Lexander


Glue Art Supplies:


Glue glider pro - perma tac



Other:

Vellum

doily heart
Pink Paislee tickets
Flowers from Kort & Godt
Patterned papers from 3ndypapir and Prima Marketing
Seam binding
Vintage trinket pin from Maya Road
Generic glitter
Glimmer mist - snow angel
Staples

Wrap in your gift. Mine's a pair of teabags. 

Did you know that using the Perma Tac adhesive on transparencies actually doesn't leave visible traits? At least not for bright colored papers, I need to test this on dark ones too..
See!
I love seam binding! Here I added some subtle pink shimmer (the pretty pink glimmermist-color snow angel) to the trim.
For the smaller embellishments I decided to use raisen's. Quick & simple!
For those of us with a die cut machine; simply just use a chipboard or precut shape & trace w/permanent pen. Or freehand-draw one!
Peel off, add lots of glitter, tap off.



All week long we've been sharing a fun giveaway from our CHA partners and friends! Today's is another amazing one..from our good friends at Wescott!




A brand new trimmer and our favorite scissors and even in GlueArts colors!! Plus since we're highlighting our GlueArts U Cut It Foam all week long we're tucking in a pack of that too!!


Simply post a comment today and you're entered to win! We'll announce all the winners on Monday! So be sure to post a comment!!


Did you know? You can shop online for all your favorite GlueArts adhesives and that includes the U Cut It Foam!! Just head to our website and shop away!
You have read this article Ania / Glue Gilder Pro / Patti / Perma Tac / Pro+ / Raisen's / Ribbon Adhesive / U Cut It Foam with the title Valentine Love With GlueArts!. You can bookmark this page URL http://skinnyminny22.blogspot.com/2012/02/valentine-love-with-gluearts.html. Thanks!