Trimming the Tree

Hello Lovely People

Dare I say, and I cannot even believe I am saying  the 'F' word.  Yes, the 'FESTIVE'  time of the year is approaching, perhaps more rapidly than I would like.  Gosh, I was down town yesterday and most of the shops and shopping centre were already decorated in festivity and Christmas wares - and what, we are just coming up to the end of October.  
 Is it just me or does it feel like that Christmas comes about faster than the one before.  Must be a sign of me getting older LOL!  
But with saying all of this - I do love Christmas, even though the hype and lead up to it can be quite frazzling.

Today, I  am sharing some 'festive' love of my own with a project that I recently completed for ANNA'S CRAFT CUPBOARD showcasing the Kaiser December 25th Collection - available in store HERE.  


I started with a Kaiser Flourish Tree which I painted, glittered and misted.

As lovely as it was in it's painted, glittered and misted state, it was kind of bare looking and needed some dressing up.


Some rolled roses were made with patterned paper with the help of a Sizzix 3 D Rose Die. 



These were fixed randomly around the tree. 

I also added bows, paper roses and Pearls.  These were all given a light misting before they were attached.


The Pearls were an assortment of Kaiser Pearl Brads.  The prongs on each of the brads were removed before attaching to the tree. 

Of course, any Christmas tree is not complete with a tree topper. 


 A Kaiser wooden star flourish adorns the top with ribbon bows, leftover Prima Vine trendils, more rolled roses and punched fir branches.

Festive Greetings Everyone! 

You have read this article Altered Projects / Anna's Craft Cupboard / Kaisercraft with the title Trimming the Tree. You can bookmark this page URL http://skinnyminny22.blogspot.com/2011/10/trimming-tree.html. Thanks!