May is for Mother's!!

It's inevitable that when the month of May comes around our thoughts turn to Mother's Day!

Well and May flowers and Memorial Day and Teacher Appreciation Day....oh what the heck Cinco de Mayo too!lol

Did you know Mother's Day became an official holiday in 1914? Congress passes official legislation making the second Sunday in May the official day to observe and celebrate Mother's!

Today we're back with two new new Designers and projects that we know you'll love!!! Designer Leslie Ashe used one of this Glue Girl's favorite mediums....canvas! To make a beautiful and unique gift for Mom!!! And our Designer Jenny Chesnick has a card set that anyone would love to receive and send!! Don't you agree??!


Love You Mom Canvas
Designer: Leslie Ashe


Designer Note:
I've made quite a few "inchie's" projects before. I've changed them up from squares to hearts to circles. I love how cute the little punched "inchie's" look all decorated on either a scrapbook page, a chipboard matte or like this one..on a canvas. Makes a FUN gift. Or something you may want to keep for yourself!

Love you, Mom



Supplies:
Glue Arts: Extreme Adhesive Squares, Mini Extreme Adhesive Squares & 3D U Cut It foam

Other supplies: 
canvas, paints, patterned papers, embellishments, ribbon, buttons





Directions:
-first, paint your canvas whatever color you desire.
-next paint the edges a different color...like black or silver.
(you can either let it air dry or use a heat gun like I did. By doing that, I made several bubbles appear on my canvas. I LOVE that so I left it.)

-while that's drying, punch out circles from different patterned papers.
-then measure out how many circles you can get on your chosen canvas & lay them down. Also...if you choose to use a ribbon, decide the best place for it and set aside to put on last (you don't want to wrinkle it.)



-next distress each circle with inks & a distressing tool
-decide what circle in each row you want "raised (3D)" and go ahead and "raise" them.

-adhere the rest of the circles. (Feel free to use a ruler. I didn't. I eyeball EVERYTHING.)
-be sure to save space on your lower right for your final circle - the embellished flower on a doily.
-adhere it down then spell out "love" right above it.

-embellish a few of the circles with buttons, rub ons or words.
-wrap it up and give to mom!





Quick & Easy Cards for Moms
Designer: Jenny Chesnick

Supplies:

Glue Glider Pro- Perma Tac
3D Combo Pac- U Cut It Foam
Mini Extreme Tac Squares
Card stock by American Crafts
Pattern Paper by Jillibean Soup
Die-Cuts & Stickers by Jillibean Soup
Alphabet by Doodlebug
Stick Pins by Maya Road
Butterfly Punch by Ek Success
Corner Chomper by We R Memory Keepers


I often am asked "How do you create cards so quickly?" Well I replicate a lot of my cards especially when it comes to making them for my three Mothers. I simply sketch out a design in my head and repeat it times three. So today I have three quick cards for you to make for your own needs!


1. Start by trimming 1 12x12 piece of card stock down into 3- 4 inch strips. Fold your cards in half and trim down to 5 1/2. 
2. Next trim your pattern paper down to 1/4 less than actual card size (3 3/4 X 5 1/4) using your corner rounder, round your edges of card stock and pattern paper. Apply using Perma Tac. 
3. I create my focal point of my cards in 3's. So all three cards have 3 "levels" of depth. Simply layer in your die-cuts and stickers into a fun shape. Using U-Cut foam layer your pieces and apply to the front of your card.

4. I inserted a stick pin right into the U-Cut foam underneath one of my layers. This acts as the adhesive as well for your pin! Easy! I punched 2 butterflies and attached them using Mini Extreme Squares. They are perfect for tiny embellishments.
5. I simply repeated the rule of threes for the other two cards. I added alphabet stickers up the side of the card to finish them off. Now I have a trio of beauties to give to my Moms!



You have read this article 3D Combo Pac / Extreme Adhesive Squares / Extreme Adhesives Mini Sqaures / Glue Gilder Pro / Jenny / Leslie / Mini Adhesive Squares / U Cut It Foam with the title May is for Mother's!!. You can bookmark this page URL http://skinnyminny22.blogspot.com/2011/05/may-is-for-mother.html. Thanks!